Monday 16 May 2011

Swelling Gone, Cankers Basically Gone... But... a Bracket Fell Off! Haha. And, potential relapse!

Hi everyone, pretty cool to see the stats on here, 148 page views so far this month! I hope my information is helping anyone who is going through/will go though this process!
Okay, so, as I posted last week I developed some cankers and swelling from the braces. The swelling is gone and the cankers are almost gone. My mouth has actually taken to braces quite well I would say as I no longer even need to use wax! Sweet! I mean, the wax isn't that bad anyway it's just annoying putting it on and having it fall off if you're eating, taking it off and  then re-applying it when you're brushing your teeth, etc.

Last Friday though I noticed some tenderness in the top of my mouth from what feels like the expander pressing firmly on the top of my mouth. The Ortho suggested it is most likely relapse, which freaked me out at first but he said it's to be expected in almost any situation with jaw movement and that is the exact reason why the expander is in there, to prevent it from moving any further. I was happy to hear that, and, to get peace of mind, I made an appointment with my surgon for him to take a look at all the developments. He's very happy with everything and all is well! Great! :)

As I was eating lunch after the appointment a braces bracket on tooth #7R (last tooth before your wisdom tooth I believe, right side) broke off my tooth. Thankfully my orthodonist was up the street and had a free spot available an hour later, I got that fixed no problem.

So, that's some updates this week! If any one has any questions please feel free to comment and I'll respond to them.

Have a great day everyone!
Nathaniel

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going well! I can't believe a bracket came off, I guess its because they had just been put on. Dr C is great! I got my wisdom teeth out on friday and it went so well! I kinda wish I was having the jaw surgery sooner.
    How long did the ortho say you will have your braces on?
    Hope you are doing great :)
    Terra

    ReplyDelete