Friday 4 March 2011

Cheek Infection Gone! Also, Nose Breathing is AMAZING!

So, as the O.S (Orthodontic Surgeon) mentioned, the swelling went down a lot within the 48 hours of the antibiotic being administered. By 72 hours, it was essentially gone however I finished my prescribed 7 day dose of antibiotics. I'm happy to report that it's still all nice and settled! *knock on wood*.

Also, yesterday I had a stuffed nose so I decided to lightly blow it, and it felt great to do so. Please note that I did it lightly, it's not really recommended to blow your nose until at least three weeks after surgery, and while it was three weeks I'm still very cautious. Gross alert, when I blew my nose lots of old, dark blood-clot like blobs came out, which is a good thing! The blood clots I was told is a good breeding ground for bacteria, and could have actually been possibly a reason as to why I had a cheek infection too.

Before the surgery, I could breathe through my nose but it was difficult on various days, I should say most days. Now, after SARPE, breathing through my nose has been effortless! I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I ca hardly breathe through my nose. I'm pretty much counting down the days until I see the surgeon. Its exactly a month from today. Good luck with your healing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the healing luck!

    You'll be amazed how it feels it's crazy even with a cold that I caught recently it's still possible it blows my mind haha!

    Time will fly with your stuff, I remember going to my first consultation back in August it seemed like a few weeks ago. The process I believe will happen right before your eyes. I was at my ortho yesterday and I got the date for my braces, May 4th!

    ReplyDelete