Wednesday 23 February 2011

A Little Cheek Infection

I am 15 days post op of a SARPE and three wisdom teeth extractions; since day 1, my swelling has been going down down down down down. In fact, yesterday morning, it looked as if it was *all* gone. Literally, you could hardly see anything at day 14. At 2PM I felt a pain that I could describe as a mild toothache, but I thought nothing of it as supposedly a small cavity was developing there. At 6:30PM though, my right side of my face was all swollen.

I called the OS's night line and spoke with him, he requested me in the office the coming morning. I figured it would be better this morning but it was still still there, if not slightly larger.

I went in and his diagnosis was an infection in the cheek. Not really sure how that happened as I have been brushing and rinsing with the prescribed mouthwash and saline, but what can you do. They administered some antibiotics via IV as well as provided me with a prescription. They say it should subside in a few days, I'm hoping it will! It's just the one side of my face at least, not both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment